Mental health counseling and other clinical modalities are truly wonderful. I even earned my master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling before starting my PhD work in Transpersonal Psychology. While I always have the option of pursuing professional licensure (and may at some point), I have found that many aspects of professional counseling can make the inner journey more difficult for client and counselor.
With this in mind, I have chosen to pursue professional certification as a contemplative coach instead, offering services in an embodied nondual context. I have completed Life Coach training in both Inner Presence and Life Purpose coaching, earning my Life Coach certification through the Life Purpose Institute. The coaching services offered here are within the domain of embodied nondual wisdom.
I listen and share from a deeply experiential and transformational recognition of nondual insight – of the chaos and confusion, the various course corrections, the continuous falling away and the deep emerging – waking up from the dream of a separate and individual ‘you’… exploring every facet of what this ‘means’ …and then learning to integrate and embody the fullness of your emptiness; to swim through the aliveness and adventure of life in the smallest and simplest things – to open your heart, shed your fear, and enter into the deep contentment that awaits!
Complimentary Initial Session
I love working with new clients – and it’s essential to make sure that our work together will be fruitful to you. With this in mind, I offer a free, complimentary initial session to anyone considering contemplative coaching. This session is limited to one-hour in length, and will be used as an exploratory conversation to get a better sense of who you are as a client, who I am as a coach, and how contemplative coaching sessions tend to flow.
Cost: My session rates are income-based (annual household income) – and are subject to change at any time:
- Up to $50,000 annual household income: $65/session
- $50,001 – $100,000 annual household income: $95/session
- $100,001 – $150,000 annual household income: $125/session
- $150,001 – $250,000 annual household income: $155/session
- $Over $250,000 annual household income: $185/session
Modality: All sessions are conducted online, via Zoom. Individual sessions are encouraged – but couples services are also available (please check beforehand).
Length: Each session is scheduled for one-hour and fifteen-minutes. I never want to make a session feel rushed – especially near the ending of a typical fifty-minute to one-hour session. I always like to allow a little extra time so we can bring the session to a more organic and natural conclusion.
Availability: Since I work full-time in a different profession (Cybersecurity) and am currently pursuing my Ph.D. (Psychology), my availability is quite limited (see Session Schedule table below). I typically only see 4 to 6 clients each week and my hours are fixed.
Scheduling: I use TheraNest for scheduling sessions, completing paperwork, taking payments, managing client records, etc. To check session availability and begin the process of registering as a new client, or to use your existing client login to manage appointments, please click the applicable button below:
*TheraNest is a secure, HIPAA-compliant EHR system. Your information is kept safe and protected in accordance with HIPAA standards. You can learn more at: https://theranest.com/
Accepting New Clients: Yes
On Sundays, I also do two group sessions. You can learn more about these group sessions on the Events page.
If there’s no availability to accommodate your immediate needs (for individual or group work), you can ask to be waitlisted. Once placed on the waitlist, you will be notified of cancelations and other openings that create availability. If the waitlist grows to 10 or more clients (16+ clients/week overall), increased availability will be considered and session openings will be expanded.
1) Do you provide free individual sessions for people who cannot afford to pay? After teaching and working with people freely for the past several years, this is no longer an option for me. Most authentic teachers do charge – and their rates tend to run from around $125 to upwards of $250 for a session. I use a sliding scale system to help keep costs low for those who are in lower income brackets – and make up the difference when working with clients who can afford to pay a bit more. This feels like the right balance. The only exception is the free, complimentary initial session that I offer all prospective clients – which you can learn more about above.
2) What if I just have a quick question or only need a few minutes of your time? As someone who works a demanding full-time job, commutes 2 hours each day, is working on a Ph.D., runs a contemplative coaching practice on the side, and still tries to maintain a social life, your “quick question” is challenging for me to fit into my day. The best way for us to engage in work together is through individual and small-group sessions which are scheduled professional service offerings. Please refer to the information provided above to decide which of these offerings are right for you.
3) What if I am having a spiritual crisis or experiencing a psychological breakdown? If you find yourself in crisis and consider yourself to be in danger, then please call 911 or an emergency helpline that is appropriate to the issue you are experiencing. If you are an existing client, there are protocols in place for handling short, occasional check-ins (of 10 minutes or less) in-between sessions if necessary. This information is provided for and explained as part of the Coaching Agreement paperwork that all new clients must complete.