“In order to heal from a history of trauma, abuse, or neglect; or to reclaim ourselves from the clutches of addiction, unworthiness, or self-doubt, we must first work within the dynamics of the therapeutic relationship to create an environment of trust and safety. With a combination of deep listening, unconditional positive regard, and nonjudgemental loving-awareness, we can work together to peel back the layers of pain and confusion that have taken control of your life, reframe your internalized sense of reality, and discover the unique path of vitality, purpose, and meaning that’s meant for you.”
Notice: I am currently a graduate student in the CACREP-accredited Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Walden University. I am not licensed to practice mental health counseling and do not offer counseling services at this time.
All mentions of counseling are meant to serve as a placeholder for areas of service that I intend to offer after completing my degree program in June of 2021. At that point, I will become licensed as a Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern and can deliver services in a broader and more accessible manner.
If you are in need of counseling services that are beyond my scope of practice as a teacher and coach, I can offer you a professional referral to help you get the support that you need.
~ Member ~
Hello, my name is Bradley and I am a counselor in training. My primary clinical orientation is integral, transpersonal, and nondual in nature. I draw heavily from Motivational Interviewing, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction, Somatic Experiencing, Internal Family Systems, Narrative Therapy, Relational Frame Theory, Jungian Analytical Theory, Existential Theory, and Depth Psychology.
Areas of Clinical Interest
- Identity issues
- Veterans issues
- Addiction issues
- Palliative/Hospice care
Current Educational and Licensure Status
Right now I am in the third year of a CACREP-accredited M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program, maintaining a consistent 4.0 GPA. I will begin my practicum and clinical internships in late August of 2020 and graduate from my program in June of 2021. I will then apply for Florida licensure as a Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern to acquire the two years of experience necessary to become a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC). I also intend to begin my Ph.D. work in Integral and Transpersonal Psychology at the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in the fall of 2021.
Note: As of January 2020, I have formally begun inquiring into qualifying practicum and internship opportunities in the Orlando Florida area and can begin work at any time. My actual field experience requirements include the term periods of:
- 31 Aug 2020 – 15 Nov 2020 (Practicum, 100 hours)
- 30 Nov 2020 – 14 Feb 2021 (Internship 1, 300 hours)
- 1 Mar 2021 – 16 May 2021 (Internship 2, 300 hours)
If you have questions or would like to schedule a meeting to discuss practicum and internship opportunities, please don’t hesitate to contact me at 425-877-0919 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Training and Qualifications
Current and Completed Training
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, Two-Day Competency Conference, PESI (2020)
- Certified Behavioral Health Technician, 40 hours, Academy for Addiction Professionals (2020)
- Registered Behavioral Technician, 40 hours, University of Central Florida/The Appletree (2019)
- NAMI Basics (Children and Adolescents), 6-weeks, National Alliance on Mental Illness (2019)
- Introduction to Hypnotherapy, 20 hours, Institute of Interpersonal Hypnotherapy (2019)
- Inner Presence Coaching, 9-months, Inner Presence Coaching Institute (2018)
- Mindfulness & Meditation, 6-weeks, Seattle Insight Meditation Society (2010)
Future Areas of Interest and Study
- Certified Recovery Support Specialist, 75 hours, Academy for Addiction Professionals (TBD)
- Focusing Basics and Advanced Focusing, The International Focusing Institute (TBD)
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, Institute of Interpersonal Hypnotherapy (TBD)
- Holotropic Breathwork Facilitator, Grof Transpersonal Institute (TBD)
Other Related Training
Additional training received through PESI, NICABM, annual FMHCA conference and other professional association events (ACA, MHACF, ACBS, Chi Sigma Iota)
Other Relevant Details
- Veteran and seasoned professional with a highly transferrable skillset
- Over five years working with clients to address psychological suffering
- Extensive accolades from professors, including ‘Exceptional’ clinical skills ratings
- Gifted orator with a background in teaching, training, and program development
- Outstanding writer and clinical researcher with excellent case-conceptualization skills
- Passionate advocate for social justice – especially working with impoverished communities
- Extremely well-versed across a broad range of business, technology, and privacy matters