“In order to heal from a history of trauma, abuse, or neglect; or to reclaim ourselves from the clutches of addiction, unworthiness, or self-doubt, we are best served by working within the dynamics of a therapeutic relationship that offers an environment of trust and safety. With a combination of deep listening, unconditional positive regard, and nonjudgemental loving-awareness, we can work together to peel back the layers of pain and confusion that have taken control of your life, reframe your internalized experience, and discover the unique path of vitality, purpose, and meaning that’s meant for you.”
Effective 30 November 2020, I will formally enter the field experience portion of my graduate training program in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. Functioning as a student-intern, pursuing a supervised course of study, I will be fully authorized to work with Florida-based clients in need of mental health services.
Under the direct supervision of Dr. Teresa Bobo, a Licensed Psychologist in the State of Florida (PY10433), I will be accepting clients for free telehealth counseling services (online, at no cost to you). These free counseling sessions will be held in the evening and on the weekends, with up to eight total slots available each week.
If you would like to reserve a slot, or add yourself to my contact list, please send me an e-mail message by clicking on the button below. I will provide additional information as we clarify the logistics of service delivery.
~ Member ~
*I understand that Bradley is a student-intern participating in a supervised course of study and I assert that I am a Florida-resident able to receive these services.
Hello, my name is Bradley and I am a counselor in training. My primary clinical orientation is integral, transpersonal, and nondual in nature. I draw heavily from Motivational Interviewing, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction, Somatic Experiencing, Internal Family Systems, Narrative Therapy, Dialectic Behavior Therapy, Relational Frame Theory, Jungian Analytical Theory, Existential Theory, and Depth Psychology.
Areas of Clinical Focus
- Identity issues
- Veterans issues
- Addiction issues
- Palliative/Hospice care
- Marriage and Family Challenges
Current Educational and Licensure Status
Right now I am in the third year of a CACREP-accredited M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program, maintaining a consistent 4.0 GPA. I have completed all of my required coursework and am now pursuing an optional specialization in Addiction Counseling (Fall 2020). I will begin my practicum and clinical internships in late November of 2020 and graduate from my program in August of 2021. I will then apply for Florida licensure as a Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern to acquire the two years of experience necessary to become a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC). I also intend to begin my Ph.D. work in Integral and Transpersonal Psychology, with a concentration in Consciousness Studies and Contemplative Neuroscience, at the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in the fall of 2021.
***Due to COVID-19, I am authorized, by my school, to engage in Telemental Health service delivery and to receive Distance-based Supervision. I’ve had to complete specialized Telemental Health training in order to qualify for this authorization***
If you have questions please don’t hesitate to contact me at 425-877-0919 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Training and Qualifications
Current and Completed Training
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, Two-Day Competency Conference, PESI (2020)
- Certified Behavioral Health Technician, 40 hours, Academy for Addiction Professionals (2020)
- Registered Behavioral Technician, 40 hours, University of Central Florida/The Appletree (2019)
- NAMI Basics (Children and Adolescents), 6-weeks, National Alliance on Mental Illness (2019)
- Introduction to Hypnotherapy, 20 hours, Institute of Interpersonal Hypnotherapy (2019)
- Inner Presence Coaching, 9-months, Inner Presence Coaching Institute (2018)
- Mindfulness & Meditation, 6-weeks, Seattle Insight Meditation Society (2010)
Future Areas of Interest and Study
- Certified Recovery Support Specialist, 75 hours, Academy for Addiction Professionals (TBD)
- Focusing Basics and Advanced Focusing, The International Focusing Institute (TBD)
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, Institute of Interpersonal Hypnotherapy (TBD)
- Holotropic Breathwork Facilitator, Grof Transpersonal Institute (TBD)
Other Related Training
Additional training received through PESI, NICABM, annual FMHCA conference and other professional association events (ACA, MHACF, ACBS, Chi Sigma Iota)
Other Relevant Details
- Military veteran and seasoned professional with a highly transferrable skillset
- Spent the last six years working with clients to address psychological suffering
- Extensive accolades from professors, including ‘Exceptional’ clinical skills ratings
- Gifted orator with a background in teaching, training, and program development
- Outstanding writer and clinical researcher with excellent case conceptualization skills
- Passionate advocate for social justice – especially working with impoverished communities
- Extremely well-versed across a broad range of business, technology, and privacy matters